Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyo Fornita
Admin

Male Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Beauty and the Beast   Sun May 31, 2009 11:40 pm

It was strange, he thought as a heavy boot connected with the side of face, that he was being assaulted by a group of drug-dealing thugs whom he easily outmatched in strength. He had never been in a situation quite like this, though he had unfortunately made his presence known by clearing his throat. There was a bullet wound in his chest; the reason he had to stay down on the floor and pretend as if he was unconcious. No mere human would be able to continue fighting after a bullet shot, and he would rather not alert them to the fact that they were in the presence of a being not as easily disposable as they would like to think. If the truth leaked and word spread of a half-demon existing in the windy city, a hunt would ensue and pandemonium would sweep Chicago.
'-Can just sneak up on us, you lousy scummy-'
'-Gut you like a fish, and then I'll-'
'-Poor bastard's dead, let's go fellas!'
Simone Amadeo. Small time mob boss. Will apprehend him later.
He felt another powerful kick slam against his face and rolled over convincingly in a lifeless manner, holding his breath. Once the footsteps of the mobsters became faint, he sat up and opened his eyes, drenched in blood.

'You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

Female Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:18 am

Heading home after a long day, Gemma's mind was on autopilot as she absentmindedly twirled her keyring around her index finger, keeping her precautioned pepper spray close to her palm. She was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she nearly screamed when she came upon an injured man. Being the only apparent witness, Gemma insantly felt obligated to help and hesitantly approached him, gripping her pepper spray. "God, are you okay?" she asked, awe creeping into her voice when the man's wounds became more visible to her. She dug her cell phone out from her pocket and began to dial, keeping an eye on him. "Let me call an ambulance..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 am

Kyo kipped up to his feet and turned around to look down at Gemma, his eyes glinting in the darkness, crimson drops of blood raining down from his face.
'No.' he said, his voice firm as he wiped away the blood on his face to get a better look at her. 'That won't be necessary.' he whispered, his tone quiet, the cuts on his face slowly starting to seal themselves back together.

'You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 am

A small gasp bubbling from her lips, Gemma took a slight step back as her eyes widened and her hand froze around her phone. She watched Kyo's speedy recovery in silent confusion, her gaze flickering from his disappearing injuries to his eyes. Grasp tightening instinctively around her bad guy repellent, she began to consider calling the police instead.

Last edited by Gemma Brighton on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:35 am

Kyo watched her reaction, slightly bemused until he raised his hand to his own face and felt his wounds disappearing. His face darkened and he grimaced as she backed off, well aware of the phone in her hand.
'I wouldn't alert anyone of what you've just seen. There would be consequences.' he said darkly, taking a step forward.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:00 am

Gemma stared at Kyo, fear beginning to send chills down her spine. She took another step back. "What..." she breathed, finding her voice. "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:03 am

Kyo gazed at her for a long moment, silently trying to decide whether or not she could be trusted with such information. She had not dialled for the police yet, though he could still not be sure. Maybe it was fear which had prevented her from calling the police and not fairness.
'Put the phone on the floor, and I will tell you.' he said slowly, eyeing her hand.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:50 am

Her eyebrows furrowing, Gemma hesitated for a moment but complied slowly, watching Kyo as she bent to place her phone on the ground. She felt her hands trembling slightly as she rested her thumb against the top of her pepper spray and stood back up, prepared to put her knowledge of self defense to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:03 am

Kyo watched her movements, his relief echoed in a sigh as she obeyed. He moved forwards and squatted, casually picking up the phone and examining it. He thought of crushing it, in case it was bugged, though as he looked up at her he felt as if this would be the wrong course of action.
'I trust you.' he said, handing back her phone. 'However, it is your trust that is important. Walk with me.' he requested, though it sounded more like a command as he strolled past her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Thoroughly confused, Gemma looked ahead, wondering how unwise it would be to try to run. She didn't understand Kyo's trust, but the fact that he seemed confident that she would follow him made her wonder if she really had a choice. Out of fear more than anything else, Gemma stuffed her phone in her pocket and turned to walk after him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:41 pm

'As I'm sure you're aware, human beings are no longer considered the most intelligent species on the planet. They are in competition with demons and werewolves, though the latter have decided to aid you in vanquishing the hellish threat.' he explained to her, as if she didn't already know. 'I am neither human, nor werewolf, nor demon. I am half-demon, half-human. No one in this city is aware of this. You are the only one.'
He stopped and looked around to make sure they were not being followed, then continued to walk forward.
'I have been working in the underbelly for quite some time. Crime is rampant, though not as common as when I first moved to your city. I used to wander the wastelands until I managed to sneak under a truck entering Chicago. In my first day here, I knocked a common thief unconscious when he waved a firearm at me and demanded I hand him over any money I had. Obviously, the concept of money was new to me; in the Wastelands everything is free. You must earn it through skill and strength. My instinct told me to move forward and slit the man's throat open, though as soon as I crushed the firearm he fell over and asked me to 'arrest' him. I believe he assumed I was part of the incompetent group of rats you humans call the police. As it was, they arrived at the scene and instantly claimed credit.' Kyo sighed as a shadow crossed over his eyes. 'They awarded me ten dollars to keep my mouth shut. Soon, I was in talks with one of the heads of the whole system, and he persuaded me to continue apprehending criminals. Though he was not aware of what I am, he knew I was much stronger and faster than even his best men could ever hope to be. I have helped combat crime ever since. It is pointless, as you humans never seem to learn. For all I know, you could be a hooker. Beautiful face. Trim body. Education has lost its value to you humans. Why should you need intelligence and skill, when you have attractive features? Earning a living through righteous ways would be, of course, too uncomfortable, too difficult. This is how I make a living. I catch criminals. I am paid to keep my mouth shut of who truly deserves the credit. What do you do?' he finished, looking straight ahead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Gemma's head whirled as she tried to comprehend everything Kyo just told her, moments passing before she could answer. Outweighing all her other emotions of disbelief and fear, anger swelled up inside her as she realized what he had accused her of. "Well I don't screw around for money if that's what you think," she muttered. She kept her gaze staring straight as well, unsure of what everything meant, or why Kyo trusted her enough to inform her of what apparently no one else knew. "Why are you telling me all this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Kyo chuckled a little at her reaction to his suggestions, ruffling her hair.
'Relax. I told you all this because nobody else talks to me, so... yeah.' he said a little lamely, cricking his neck to both sides. He lifted up his shirt to inspect his stomach a little closely. There were a few faint scars around it that looked like knife wounds, but the progress of healing had been quite fast. He lowered his shirt back down in satisfaction, keeping a quiet eye out for any one who looked as if they didn't have a very innocent reason to be out this late. He did not want to question Gemma about it as he had already shown he trusted her, and he was unsure of what she thought of him so far. Having lived in Asgard for so long, his communication skills with humans were poor. He either ended up insulting them or interrogating them to the point they felt uneasy and afraid of him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Taken aback by Kyo's casually playful gesture, Gemma felt her hand go to her hair in bemusement. Her eyes were glued to his stomach as he lifted his shirt, tracing the contours of his abs. She snapped abruptly out of her reverie as he pulled his shirt back down. A bit ashamed of herself, she met his eyes sheepishly. "Nobody else talks to you?" Gemma echoed, hoping her ogling had gone unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Kyo watched the movement of her eyes intently, waving his hand in a careless manner.
'It's fine, I'll be OK. I inherited rapid healing from my father.' he explained. 'Yes, nobody else talks to me... You never told me your name, by the way. Where are you headed off to?' he asked, a little more gently.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:28 pm

"Uh.. I'm Gemma," she stammered a little, holding up her keys and twirling them again. "I'm heading home. I don't think I caught your name either?" She was suddenly curious to know more about Kyo as she swiftly looked him up and down, taking full notice of his appearance for the first time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:32 pm

'My name is Kyo.' he responded, smiling slightly as she jingled her keys at him. He kept his pace matching with hers as he mirrored Gemma's actions, looking her up and down. She had the beauty of a succubus, although there was an innocent softness to her face that made him comfortable, and yet at the same time, uneasy. 'Do you live in this area?'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Gemma smiled at the interesting name as she found herself struggling to pry her eyes from Kyo's commendable physique. "Yeah," she replied, giving herself an excuse to look ahead. "I just live...down yonder." Pointing in the general direction of her apartment, her gaze slid back to Kyo. "Are you dressed up for something special?" She eyed his tie, her smile growing a bit wider.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:02 pm

'I am not very familiar with human styles of dressing... In the wastelands, we mostly roamed with animal skins covering us or we were naked.' he said, looking down at her bare legs. 'Why are you wearing such strange clothing? It does not do well to expose beauty to a corrupted area full of hedonists and rapists.' he warned, his voice becoming graver.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Gemma's eyes bulged as she was unable to stop the images Kyo was describing from flooding her mind. A little flustered, she looked down at her shorts-clad legs. "Everyone wears shorts," she mumbled defensively, worried he thought less of her for her choice of clothing. He'd already said she could be a hooker...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 pm

'The night is cold, Gemma, and the streets are dark. It is my job to rid them of filth, I know them better than anybody else. The sick ones go for the object of beauty wearing the least clothing.' he explained, looking down at her. 'You must keep in mind that, as you walk towards your home accompanied only by a man you met minutes ago, there is no one else around. No one else to help. However, I believe I have earned your trust. If I was like the scum which I am paid to eradicate, I would have taken advantage of the situation much longer ago. You must still be cautious. I have never known anyone as attractive and beautiful as you are,' he said, rather bluntly. 'I am certain there are many others with darker intentions who would feel the same.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Gemma looked at her feet as she felt her cheeks grow hot at Kyo's statement. "Well, I..." Unsure of how to respond, she tugged at the ends of her shorts for a moment, trying uselessly to pull them down to a more suitable length. "Sorry," she finally murmered, glancing up at Kyo and giving him a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Kyo gazed back down at her, unsmiling. This was the first time he had proper contact with a human. He had never engaged any in conversation related to his research, and he was sure that Gemma could perhaps provide some answers for him.
'We who roam the wasteland, and the demons in Asgard have heard tale of a myth. It can happen in any race, yet it is especially common in humans. The myth is called 'love'. What is this?' he asked delicately, running a hand through his hair. 'Studying human nature has led me to believe that love is simply make-believe. Like 'God'. Only infatuations exist, nothing more. Love would counteract war and hate, criminals would not exist, and perhaps I would be more than welcome in this city.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Raising her eyebrows at him, Gemma looked away, grinning and shaking her head. "Love exists," she assured Kyo, laughing a little. "I don't know how to explain it to you though." She shrugged. "You have to experience it for yourself, so I've heard."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 pm

'How can you be so sure?' he asked quietly, keeping his eyes wide open as they were about to pass a narrow gap between two buildings. 'If love existed, would criminals exist too?'
He stepped in front of Gemma, alert as his fingers started flexing. A hand clutching a sharp knife shot out through the gap; almost immediately, Kyo wrapped his hand tightly around the man's wrist and clenched tightly until an awful cracking sound pierced the silence. He flipped the man over and picked up the knife, pocketing it.
'Would you try telling this man that there is love in the world?' His eyes lingered down to Gemma's bare legs, then to the man on the floor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beauty and the Beast   

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next