A Night Out

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Kaysen

Female Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: A Night Out   Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Ilana definitely felt out of place within the bright, upscale atmosphere of the entertainment district, but even werewolves from the slums needed a little social time now and then. She walked slowly, taking in every sight, smell, and sound. It was almost overwhelming. So many lights and people. Taking a calming breath, she looked appraisingly at the various venues that she could go into. Some, of course, were less friendly to her kind than others, so she took her time choosing. Finally, the werewolf spotted a low key bar that had live music playing. Perfect! she thought to herself, turning her steps towards the bar.

The air inside was heavy with smells of sweat, alcohol, and smoke. The cloying mixture was somehow pleasant, and Ilana slid into a seat a little ways from the entrance. She scanned the crowd, looking for someone, anyone, that could potentially be of interest to her and sending silent invitations to those who looked her way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

Male Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:57 pm

The streets were packed with people even though rain had started to pour heavily. He frowned and roughly pushed his way past the crowds of humans, the din of voices and music growing louder as he walked straight on, intent with purpose for the next mission he had been assigned. This was the area in which the higher class of criminals would rendezvous, and it was here where he was most likely to find his mark. Kicking open the door of the nearest bar, he stood in the doorway as rain slashed the air behind him, thunder starting to roll. The eyes of the patrons swivelled around to nervously watch him.

'You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:09 pm

Ilana's head snapped up as the door slammed open, her eyes immediately going to the shadowed figure in the doorway. An irritated growl rumbled in her chest. Who the hell did this guy think he was, with an entrance like that? The rain and thunder was ominous, no doubt, but as far as she was concerned, the newcomer was just another pig-headed gangster, no different than the others that graced the bar with their presence and made her life in the slums no small difficulty.

Ignoring him, the redhead stood up and made her way to the bar, forcing the bartender to focus on her, rather than the new development. "Gimme a shot of whiskey. No preference on the brand."

While the bartender scuffled about, trying to find the correct bottle, Ilana leant against the scarred wood of the bar, her arms crossed. She had a feeling that the stranger wasn't here for a friendly visit, and she intended to make sure that no shenanigans would unfold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

He looked left and right, scanning the faces of every customer, barely registering Ilana. He stepped forward and closed the door behind him, looking straight up at the barman shuffling about as he heard a click.
'I have frequented this bar enough...' he said slowly. 'To learn that most of you who often visit this place, are scum. It is my duty, as you all know, to hand scum into the authorities. This city will become Hell itself if you do not cooperate with the justice system.'
Kyo walked over to a table with 4 burly-looking thugs who were all glaring at him apprehensively. He picked up one of the bottles in his hand and crushed it, the contents spilling out onto the table.
'Alcohol. Corruption in a bottle.' said Kyo, looking down at one of the thugs.
'Who do you think you are? Batman?' he demanded, grinning as the bar goers laughed with him.
Kyo considered the man for a moment, and just as he was about to taunt him again, he shot his hand out and gripped the man's neck, tightening his hold. Watching him splutter and gasp for breath, his eyes bulging, Kyo lifted him up with ease and swung his arm around forcefully; the man flew through the air like a rag doll and landed on a table, cracking it clean in two.
'I am not here to have my time wasted. Diego Salvatore. Give me his whereabouts and I shall leave you all in peace.' he offered, his voice suddenly growing darker. 'If not, heads will roll.'

'You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:37 pm

The unfortunate man's strangled cries had effectively silenced the bar. Ilana herself was standing stiff as a board her eyes wide and her jaws clenched. Whoever this guy was, he was stronger than any man she had ever seen. And whoever Diego Salvatore was, she sincerely hoped he cleaned up his act before this violent stranger found him. Thus far no one had proffered up any details.

Despite the foreboding display of strength she had just witnessed, no amount of fear would allow Ilana to stay where she was when thugs like this were interfering with what was supposed to be a fun night of booze and music. So, taking a steadying breath, she stepped forward. "Look," she said, "we don't appreciate people causing trouble around here. Maybe you would do better to just ask around like a normal person, huh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:43 pm

'I see you are under the impression that a 'normal person' can deal with criminals like the ones who inhabit this bar. I wouldn't be here if that was the case. The police can not handle themselves as well as you would like to believe.' he told her, looking around at the same time for any man who shared a resemblance with the picture he had been given. He did not seem to be here, though Kyo was sure he would gain information from the people here. He walked over to a shifty-looking drinker in the corner of the bar and lifted him up by his neck like he had done to the other man.
'What do you know?' he asked quietly, vice-like grip becoming even stronger.
'N-Nothing, I-I swear!' choked the man, his face becoming purple.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:50 pm

At first she was only irritated, but now Ilana was downright mad. She knew damn good and well that the authorities were a joke, especially in areas like the entertainment district, but that was no excuse for what was transpiring. If she had wanted to watch gangsters fight, she would have stayed in the slums for the night.

With a distinctly wolflike growl, she crossed the bar to confront the stranger. "Let him go," she intoned icily. Currently, her common sense was intact, and Ilana wouldn't risk starting a brawl by being overtly aggressive, but she was moments away from stepping in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Kyo regarded her for less than a second before returning his attention to the man he was holding and increasing the pressure on his windpipe.
'Tell me what you know.' he asked in the same voice with the air of a patient businessman.
'Help me!' pleaded the man, eyes fixed on ilana, saliva starting to drip from his mouth.
'Step back, or I will break this man's neck.' he warned Ilana, gazing at her in mild interest. He had not known many werewolves to defend a human, let alone a female.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Her skin crawled at the simplicity of Kyo's statement. How could he just be so deadpan about it? This was another man's life! Human or not, he hardly deserved to die for not speaking! And he certainly would die if he was subject to this treatment much longer, just as he would if his neck were broken.

Ilana couldn't stand back and watch. The mingled shock, anger, and fear overrode her normal setting, and with a full blown snarl, she lunged at Kyo, trying first to dislodge his grip on the man and deciding that his safety came first. Hopefully the ass kicking wouldn't be far behind, and in her favor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:24 pm

The man gasped 'warehouse!' almost as soon as Kyo's eyes flashed angrily; given the information he needed, he let the man go and turned to face Ilana, gazing down at her with his eyebrows raised a little.
'What are you doing?' he asked, looking amused.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:40 pm

She blinked in surprise. Just like that? The man in question, who apparently wasn't as innocent as she had thought, was now sitting on the floor, massaging his neck and trying not to vomit. And here was this damn stranger, looking at her like she was a child throwing a tantrum. Her face flushed as red as her hair, as much from embarassment as anger. "What are you, then?" she spat. "Some gang's mercenary?"

It was times like this that reminded her why she tended to avoid the rest of the population. They tended to bring out the worst in her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 pm

'If you consider the police a gang.' he replied quietly, watching the man on the floor. He had come so close to killing him, yet the girl in front of him was the reason he hadn't. Most of the population of Chicago was arrogant when it came to dealing with criminals. This man had no right being defended after he was able to supply information. He was probably another drug dealer working for Salvatore. The underground had many links; Salvatore's men would most likely find out who ratted them out, and they would be dealt with.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:57 pm

"Oh..." she murmered quietly, deflating.

A million thoughts seemed to bounce around Ilana's skull. Many of them were still violent, so she tried without much success to ignore them completely. Watch me get arrested, was the main, cynical topic. What a night.

Properly and publicly knocked down a few pegs, Ilana sighed. "My mistake." Recalling Kyo's words upon his entry to the bar, she added, "But for the record, I'm not scum."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 am

Kyo stepped on the man's fingers and slowly started to lift his other foot up. Small cracks could be heard from underneath his boots and the man's anguished cries of pains signalled the blood starting to stream down the wooden floor.
'When are they meeting?' he asked calmly.
'Eight! They're meeting at eight tonight! Just, for the love of God, leave me alone you sick son of a bitch!' sobbed the man, howling in pain.
Kyo pulled his foot off the man's now-mangled fingers and gazed down at him for a moment. 'God doesn't exist.' he said harshly, before returning his attention to Ilana. 'Of course, our opinions will differ. What have you done for society lately? What have you proven?' he asked in a low voice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 am

Ilana had thought that Kyo's interrogation was over, but once again, she was proven wrong. "Hey!" she yelped, watching as the bargoer's torture continued.

Guilty or not, she didn't want to see any person go through this, and once again anger blazed through her veins. She could feel her fists clenching and unclenching at her sides as Kyo lifted his shoe off of the man's hand. Her short red hair had begun to stand on end, like the raised hackles of a dog, and she found herself stepping protectively in between Kyo and his 'informant.' Looking at the half-breed, her eyes flashed violently. "At least I know where the line should be drawn," she said, matching his tone. "Its saying something when a junkyard dog walks a straighter path than the law enforcement. I may drink and I may have my enemies, but I at least have some respect."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:14 am

Kyo grabbed her with both hands and slammed her against the wall so hard the tables shook; he knew that she was no human, and would put up much more of a fight than anyone else in the bar could. If he wanted to get anywhere, he would have to rely on intimidation first.
'What would you know about respect?' he snarled. 'You are on no straight path, you are simply a coward, too afraid to use the force needed to deal with the low-life of this city. I grew past that fear much long ago.' he whispered, remembering back to his days in Asgard where he was forced to fight in the colosseum, slaughtering thousands of demons in his years as only a boy. 'It does not matter to me whether or not I tear this man's head off, or yours, for that matter, so long as I get the information I need to stop another drug trafficker intent on polluting the minds of the inhabitants. I suggest you not tell me how to do my job.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:22 am

A second yelp, this time from pain and surprise, escaped her as the hit the wall. The breath had been effectively knocked out of her, but not for long. Little shockwaves had begun to ripple up and down her spine, causing her entire body to shake as she brought her hands up to grip Kyo's arms. Using that as leverage, she kicked out both of her feet, forcing Kyo away from her.

Again, a deep growling rumbled in Ilana's chest, barely audible, but ominous. She had stumbled at first when her feet had hit the ground, but now she stood solidly, leaning forward in a hunched over stance. "I can take a lot of shit, you know," she murmered, not looking at Kyo. When she did look up, her eyes were a fierce golden amber and her lip twitched as if it wanted to pull back to bare her teeth. "But again," she said, taking a step forward, "I'm not scum. Nor am I a coward."

She was resisting the urge to shift, but that resistance was fading. "Tell me, is there sense in killing indiscriminately to supposedly save a life?"

The tremors were stronger now, and people who still sat nearby had begun to stand up or scoot nervously away in their chairs. "Ironic, that a 'protecter of life' becomes a death dealer so quickly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 am

'I have no sympathy for the wretched.' he said coolly. 'I seperate those who deserve to live, from the ones who don't. Criminals are better dead.' he told Ilana, starting to circle around her, ready to strike at any moment. She was certainly an interesting one, though her pointless heroics annoyed him greatly. Her compassion was a point for him to spare her from a merciless beatdown, yet her arrogance was a summoning for a long and painful death. His fists clenched and there was a certain gleam in his eye; the side he inherited from his bloodthirsty father, the desire to maim, kill, torture.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Earlier, she had every intention of leaving without a fight- heroics weren't really her thing- but it seemed that her mind had been changed for her. She smirked. "Might want to watch the God complex in the future, asshole."

What followed was not unlike an explosion. Ilana's skin ripped away in an almost grotesque fashion as a far larger beast sprang forward, its muscles clearly defined under its thick, reddish-brown fur. As a human, Ilana was fairly tall, but standing bipedally in this form, she towered a full foot over most men. Dropping to all fours, she gathered the strength of her hind legs and charged Kyo, her jaws open and canines glinting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:59 pm

He rolled quickly to the side and stood up once again, his eyes scanning the room for a weapon. He had not fought many werewolves before, and certainly never a female wolf. He was unsure of any strength and speed differences between the two, so chose to keep his distance, calculating her agility and power before he would decide what measure had to be taken.
'Fool,' he hissed furiously at her, grabbing nearby chairs and flinging them roughly towards her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 pm

Darting left and right, Ilana was able to dodge most of the chairs. Only one hit its mark, breaking with a loud crack across her shoulder, but she hardly felt its sting. Most of the fights she had participated in had been with other wolves or humans, so she was as unprepared as Kyo for her opponent, but what she did know was that she would have to keep Kyo on his toes in order to gain any sort of opening.

She swept forward, her body low held low to the ground while an open forepaw swiped at his legs. Even if her claws didn't get him, the force behind one blow from a werewolf was staggering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 pm

He felt her leg slam against the side of his leg and flipped forwards, initiating a one-armed hand-stand on her head, fist clenched in her hair. Done teasing her, he launched himself off her and landed a few feet away, poised to defend himself.
'Quite speedy. It just proves you will die faster too.' he taunted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 pm

She growled, snapping at Kyo as he flipped overhead. Immediately she whirled to face him, careful not to be caught with her back turned. Standing up at full height, she displayed another surprising quality of transformed werewolves; rough, but understandable speech. "We'll see."

Ilana was still on the offensive, and now she moved on her hind legs, allowing her arms to be free to attack. She made a second sweeping motion with one arm and her gnashing teeth, propelling herself towards him with agility that seemed uncharacteristic for her huge frame. This time she hoped to make contact with his torso, or at least an arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Kyo grinned and waited for her to make contact, fingers flexing.
'You can not fight me.' he said triumphantly; flames started to hiss on his fingers and with the ominous sound of fire crackling, his entire body was ablaze. He stepped forward and leaped towards Ilana so that they were both moving towards each other, his arms shooting forward as he aimed to grab her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilana Kaysen

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 pm

[OOC: Seriously? Man, that's hardly fair. He'd burn the bar down. >.<]

Contorting in such a manner that her body remained untouched by the flames, Ilana leapt quickly to safety. Some of her fur was mildly singed, but she had avoided the worst of possible damage. It looked like she would have to change tactics. The fire was worrisome, but it didn't mean that Kyo was invulnerable. She decided to take a page from his book and, whilst still avoiding his grasp, began hurling the furniture at his blazing form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   

Back to top Go down

A Night Out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armageddon :: Chicago :: The Entertainment District-
Jump to: