First Date

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyo Fornita
Admin

Male Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: First Date   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 am

The small hand slowly moved towards the glowing 2, seconds ticking away faster every moment... Kyo drew his eyes away from his watch and took a deep, calming breath. It was not like him to be nervous at all, but what happened with Gemma yesterday, and the conversations he would need to have with her regarding his history and the occurences of yesterday were bound to make even the strongest man panic.
'Gemma...' he whispered, just like he had done last night. He tilted his fedora down to shadow his eyes and crossed one leg over the other, leaning back in his chair. He had placed a menu upright in front of where Gemma would be seated, partly so that she could decide what she wanted to order, but mostly because he didn't want her to see his face. Seeing as how he had left his shirt and tie at Gemma's house, today he was just wearing a shiny-looking, crisp blue shirt. He could almost hear the swish and ticking of his watch, heart starting to beat faster as he waited for Gemma to arrive.

'You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

Female Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:13 pm

A little nervously, Gemma searched the restaurant for Kyo. She checked the time on her cell phone, not wanting to be too early or too late. At last she spotted who she suspected to be him, though she couldn't see his face. "Kyo?" she asked quietly. Gemma knew it was him by the time she was close enough to sit down. Pulling away the menu, she looked carefully at his face, wishing she could see his eyes. She cleared her throat and smiled. "Hey."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm

'Hello, Gemma.' he said quietly, looking up at her nervously. She looked just as good as she did yesterday, and it took him a few moments to get his breath back. 'You look.... beautiful.' he whispered, annoyed at how unconfident he had become around her ever since she kissed him. 'I am, er, off-duty today. No one recognises me with this on... I was banned from the cafe a long time ago for destroying almost half of it when my mark was here. Still, they don't recognise me. Please, order something.' he requested, gesturing at the menu.

'You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Gemma's cheeks flushed a little at the compliment as she nodded slowly at what Kyo was telling her. Hearing someone was banned from somewhere on account of destoying half it would have normally made her laugh, but it seemed anything was possible when it came to Kyo. She glanced at the menu and shook her head. "It's all right; I'm not very hungry," she said dismissively, looking back up into the shadow where his eyes should have been. As she opened her mouth again to talk, she realized the things she wanted to say were only scattered thoughts. "So, um... last night..." Gemma looked down and fidgeted with her hands, feeling her face heat up. Kyo was thoroughly successful in making her feel like she was back in school, trying to talk to her crush. "What...happened?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

'Last night, I felt a taste of something that was different to lust.' he said, looking down at the table. When one of the waitresses came over, he placed an order for two coffees to get her to leave them alone. 'I already... apologised to you for what happened, but I wanted to say again... I'm sorry. I think I...' he felt the next words stick in his throat and tried to continue to talk, but he couldn't open his mouth. His breathing became slower and deeper and he closed his eyes, trying to unfreeze. He had never dealt with nerves like these before and they were quite frightening to him; under a lot of stress, his fingertips started sparking with fire. He folded his arms tightly and leaned over a little, hiding his face even more, hoping she hadn't seen what just happened. 'I was.... wondering... if you would... give me a chance.' he said slowly, not daring to look at her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Gemma felt her mouth fall open slightly and she stared at where Kyo's hands had been, where his fingers had caught on fire... Shaking her head to snap out of her trance, she looked up at him with a wary expression as she tried to recall what he'd said. "Give you a chance?" she repeated slowly. Excitement stirred in her chest at the thought of what he meant. "You mean...?" Gemma trailed off, not trying to be suggestive, just wanting Kyo to fill in the blank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Kyo laughed quietly and nervously, looking to the right at the people walking by. He wasn't very good at expressing himself, and he was finding it very hard to say anything of purpose to Gemma. He returned his gaze to her and took his hat off, his eyes fixed on hers. The sight of them filled him with warmth and gave him the courage he needed to go on.
'At you and I being a... couple.' he said, closing his eyes in defeat as he felt his cheeks burn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Butterflies seemed to swarm in Gemma's stomach as she stared at Kyo's closed eyes, mesmerized by the first full view she got of his face since she saw him last. She quickly composed herself, suppressing the urge to let out a girlish giggle, though there wasn't much she could do about the wide grin spread across her cheeks. "I'd like that," she murmered. A blush settled on her own face as she waited for him to open his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:50 pm

As soon as he heard her words, he let out a relieved sigh and opened his eyes again, tilting his head a little to the side as he examined the smile on her face. He looked like a curious dog, his long hair making the image even more apparent. Leaning over towards her and placing his hand gently on hers, he looked up at her with an almost slavish look, eyes glowing.
'Then, tell me about yourself...' he whispered, his coffee completely forgotten.

Last edited by Kyo Fornita on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:21 am

Her heart skipping a beat, Gemma felt herself swallow as she gazed back into Kyo's eyes. It was all she could do to keep from leaning in just a bit further and kissing him again. "Well, I..." She stammered a little at first, but managed to give him the basics in Gemma 101, mentioning her mom and her step dad, her sister and her step brother, how she got to living on her own. "I'm not really that interesting," she concluded with a shrug. "Not nearly as interesting as you, at least." Gemma's eyes panned out, tracing his shoulders as she remembered his wings. She looked back at Kyo, her expression willing him to tell her about himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:03 am

Kyo had hung on to every last word of what she said, his mouth slightly open as he watched her. To him, she was the most beautiful girl in the world. Though it may have been her outwards appearance that first atttracted him, he was starting to love her personality even more. Her accent, her style of talking, the way she touched him and looked at him without flinching...
'I...' he started, regretting how high the chances were that Gemma would immediately become frightened of him and leave. Kyo raised her hand to his mouth and gently pressed his lips to it, loving how it was only he who could do that. His gaze moved to the table as he started to reminisce. 'I am not a full-blooded demon. My father was a demonic general, a serpent. My mother was a human. She met him in the Wastelands, wandering foolishly out of the city.' he said, pausing for a moment. Having just criticised his mother's actions, he felt a pang of remorse. 'I wish I could have met her. He raped her and left her for dead, impregnating her with me. She ran into a group of half-breeds, collectively known as the Hunters. They took her in and she died after she gave birth to me. They told me she kissed me as soon as she brought me close to her chest, whispering what she wanted to name me into my ear. No one else heard her. Only I remembered. The Hunters gave me the nickname Ragnarok as a child, though once I was twelve years old I asked them to call me by the name my mother had chosen for me. My mother died whilst she held me in her arms.'
He paused for a long moment, closing his eyes and trying to remember the earliest parts of his childhood. He did not look at Gemma yet, as he was not sure she would like what he would have to tell her next. He could easily have lied to her, but he felt that if they were to try a relationship, he had to be honest with her.
'I was raised by the Hunters to be a killing machine, just like the rest of them. They taught me well, and when I was fifteen, they accepted my request to let me explore what was left of the world. I went to Asgard, intent on finding my father. He must have realised this, as he had stepped down from his position and no one knew his whereabouts. The next few years, I learned what demons are really like and knew that Asgard was not the place for me. As only a young boy, I was forced to fight in the colosseum. The Titans watched for entertainment as I slaughtered thousands of demons, the meaning of the lives of others' becoming completely non-existent to me. My senses became hardened, I enjoyed inflicting my wrath, anger and resentment upon those unfortunate to fight me. Every day was the same. Though I was being forced to kill others, fighting opponents who were three times my size and managing to defeat them, I was still a child inside. I was scared. I wanted a parent. I wanted the touch of a human more than anything else.' He stopped again, rubbing his face against Gemma's soft hands. 'The months went by and I met a serpent named Azycaelius. Realising that I had the potential to use magic, he taught me the art of pyrokinesis. Now I could watch my battlers burn to death before my eyes in the colosseum. I climbed to the top and was regarded as an experienced and tough fighter, though I was very unpopular. Half-breeds are not tolerated in Asgard very well, nor are they here. After standing atop the charred bodies of my enemies, I was given the chance to fight a Titan, Lucifer himself. All of my years of fighting had to pay off; I was sure I could defeat him, at least impress him. As he approached me and reverted to his true demonic form, I realised again, that I was only a young boy. I was not ready for this. Within the space of a second, he had left me on the floor, my body ripped open in some areas, bleeding to death. I lay there, crying for hours as I waited for somebody to help me. No one came. No one cared about my suffering, just as I had not cared of the ones I had slaughtered. They would have killed me, had I not fought. I was too afraid of death to deny them. Eventually, I was helped by some of my half-breed brethren. It took me several weeks to completely recover. There is only one piece of evidence remaining from my battle with Lucifer,' he told her, running a finger down along the vertical scar over his left eye. 'His attacks defied my natural healing abilities. This scar should have gone a long time ago, but to this day it has irritably stuck. A constant reminder of my failure and my thirst for justice. I realised that demons were scum, all of them. I could not fit in among them when what I desired was to punish the corrupt. Scared of the Titans, I fled Asgard and wandered the Wastelands, searching for Chicago. After many months, I eventually saw the Great walls. Sneaking into the city by hanging underneath a truck that was delivering chemical supplies, I quickly found myself a home. A small alleyway. I would wake up early in the morning and visit libraries, learning more of your language. I had spoken only in Latin for most of my life, so adapting was difficult. I could barely communicate with anyone, and so I kept to myself. I am not good at making acquaintances. I am surprised that you actually came here to see me on my request. Then again, perhaps it is your mercy and not my communication skills that matter. Still, I am very grateful... I apprehended a common thief as I told you the other day, and allowed the police to claim credit for it. It is the perfect job for me, and with it, I found you...' he said quietly, looking up at her for the first time since he had started talking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Gemma stared at Kyo in awe, her gaze occasionally flickering from his eyes to the scar he'd just explained. Her head spun from all he'd told her; all the things he had been through were so foreign and seemingly impossible, especially compared to her virtually uneventful life. Moments passed before she realized he was finished speaking, and she tried to find something even remotely interesting to say that could follow up such a fascinating autobiography. She looked down and clasped their hands together, stroking the back of his with her thumb. "I'm really glad we found each other," she murmered quietly, looking up at Kyo and giving him a faint but warm smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:45 pm

'The feeling is mutual,' he whispered gently to her, enjoying the touch of her hand. It felt amazing to be there with a companion so beautiful, so caring and so considerate. Asking her to meet him again was thebest decision he had ever made in his life, which was mostly based on bad choices. This stroke of luck, of pure fortune, proved that there was still hope for him. He still had a future to protect and live for. Kyo was sure that this was what his mother had wanted; for him to realise that there were humans like Gemma in the world.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Gemma's smile grew wider as she gazed fondly at Kyo. Tearing her eyes from him, she briefly glanced around the cafe, then at her untouched coffee. "Do you wanna go for a walk?" she suggested, giving his hand a little squeeze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Kyo felt his heart beat faster at her smile, feeling warm and fuzzy. Everything in his vision was blurred except for her gorgeous face, clear and focused. 'I would love to walk with you..' he said quietly, standing up and gently pulling her up to her feet. 'Where would you like to go?' he said, leading her out of the coffee shop.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 pm

"Wherever!" Gemma told him, her tone light and optimistic. As they stepped out of the building, she immediately took note of how cloudy it had become since she arrived. The approaching, ominously purple clouds in the distance looked like rain. But Gemma was hardly phased, knowing nothing could ruin a day like this. She walked close to Kyo, keeping a firm grasp on his hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Kyo whirled Gemma around and gently pressed her against a wall, leaning in for yet another kiss as he took in her wonderful scent, feeling himself melt into her lips. He caressed her hands just as she had done to him in the coffee shop, marvelling at how soft and silky Gemma's skin was against his fingers. He sighed quietly into her lips and placed both arms around her waist, pulling her warm body closer to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemma Brighton
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Gemma's heart skipped a beat as Kyo kissed her, but she gradually melted into the him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She heard herself moan softly into Kyo's lips, just as she felt a few cold pricks of rain against her skin. Holding onto him tighter, her passion grew in time with the steady increase of rain that fell over their heads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyo Fornita
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Date   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 pm

He stayed in the kiss for a few moments longer before looking up at the sky in a rather annoyed way; it was starting to pour heavily now, and he was sure that if he didn't do something Gemma would be drenched. Taking lead from something he had seen before, he took his coat off and covered Gemma's head with it, taking her hand quickly.
'Rain...' he said quietly, squeezing her hand. 'Shall I drop you off home?'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Date   

Back to top Go down

First Date
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armageddon :: Chicago :: The Entertainment District-
Jump to: